- Joint Deacons/Trustees Meeting – Monday, August 20th @ 7:00 pm.
- Bleckler Baby Shower – Sunday, August 26th following the morning service.
- All Church Picnic – Sunday, September 2nd @ 5:00 pm in Columbia Park.
- Food Pantry Sunday – September 2nd. Donations for the Elvins Food Pantry are collected on the 1st Sunday of each month. Thanks for your giving!
- District WAC Meeting – Saturday, September 8th @ the Leadington FWB Church. Fellowship’s ladies are responsible for the program.
- Lift Meeting – Sunday, September 9 @ 5:45 pm.
- Missouri Women’s Retreat – September 21st & 22nd in Springfield, Missouri.
- Marriage Retreat – October 5th & 6th at the Ramada Inn Oasis in Springfield, Missouri.
Back to School Time
Most of our area schools will start back this week. Please remember to pray for our students and teachers during these busy days.
Carpet Project Update
Our fundraising for the new carpet in the Sanctuary continues. We need to raise $4,625 to match the donation given to purchase the carpet. Our current designated giving towards the carpet is $2,285, leaving us with a balance of $2,340.
If you could give a special gift (over and above your tithes) towards the cost of this project it would be appreciated. Simply earmark your gift to “Carpet” on your tithing envelope.
Deacon Ordination Service – August 19th
Next Sunday morning we will be having a special ordination service for our newest deacons, Jeremy Bleckler and Ryan Long. You won’t want to miss this special service next Sunday morning.
FALL LADIES BIBLE STUDY
WHAT LOVE IS by Kelly Minter (study of 1, 2, and 3 John). Books are available at www.lifeway.com for $12.99 (e-book or paperback), and on Amazon for $18.64 new and $7.00+ for used.
Two sessions will be available on Thursdays, beginning September 13th - 9:30 am and 6:30 pm - at Becky Gwartney's home (202 Trail Ridge Drive, Park Hills). The study lasts 7 weeks. We hope you can join us!
Betty Smith and the late Denny Smith on the birth of their great-grandson, Blaze Wayne Mallinson, who arrived on Friday, August 10th. He weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. and was 20 1/2” long. His big sister Emerson, parents Jason & Jennifer Shipp Mallinson, grandparents, Jack & Myra Smith Shipp all doing great.
Next Sunday evening, August 19th, Steve Schmidt, missionary to Albuquerque, New Mexico, will be with us in the evening service. Steve is one of our Missouri Show-Me Plan Missionaries.