Fellowship Church was started on March 16, 1946 when some 50 or so people gathered in the old Buckley Store building at 603 Buckley Street in Flat River, Missouri. The Church was started amidst tough economic times during a mining strike. During that time, the church was right in the heart of the mining community.
On July 24, 1946, the Church voted to purchase property at 601 Buckley Street. The property was purchased on August 12, 1946, and the ground-breaking ceremonies were held on August 26, 1946. The sanctuary was completed and the first service was a Sunrise Service on Easter Sunday, April 17, 1949.